Wednesday, December 12, 2012

P U D D L E

Story and Art by K R I N G
Cheng Tju, one of the editors  for Liquid City Volume Three I'm working with, asked me to show him sample comics. So I made this simple wordless comic. I had a meeting with his mangaka colleagues via Skype while he was in the Philippines for a talk he guested in Ateneo de Manila. A half hour interview with was made for his research on Southeast Asian Women Comic Artists which included the discussion on my comic style and concepts.
The idea for this wordless comic came from my personal beliefs as a child. I used to believe that every dark corner, empty room, hidden nook and some water puddles (the rarely seen ones) is a doorway to another world. We can be there anytime we want--unfortunately, we always miss the opportunity because we have been wired to ignore them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment